Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing, (SEM), is a form of Internet marketing that seeks to promote websites by increasing their visibility in search engine result pages (SERPs) through the use of paid placement, contextual advertising, and paid inclusion. Search engine optimization (SEO) “optimizes” website content to achieve a higher ranking in search results, for example, by incorporating specific keywords or links associated with the website. Depending on the context, SEM can be an umbrella term for various means of marketing a website including SEO, or it may contrast with SEO, focusing on just paid components.
Through trial and error you will be able to see how SEM drives highly targeted visitors to your online exhibitions. The following are the steps to a successful SEM plan:
- Research your target audience.
- Set your online goals and key performance indicators.
- Build an initial list of important keywords that represent your most relevant content.
- Validate your keywords by testing and refining them with your keyword selector tools.
- Check your current ranking.
- Optimize the website by improving your web design, architecture and web page content.
- Pursue link-building and partnerships.
- Colonize the Web by publishing and circulating it in wiki, blogs, and video and picture sites.
- Get in the news such as Google News with RSS feeds.
- Install good tracking software, and track and analyze your performance for better results.